Types of Leather
This type of leather has been aniline dyed and has a pigmented top coat to ensure color consistency, while still showing the natural characteristics of the hide. They are the perfect choice for people who demand high performance from any product they own. They have outstanding durability and are great for families of energetic individuals
- Coloration is consistent throughout the hide.
- Can be cleaned easily with water
- Wears consistently over time
- Account for 90% of all leather sold.
- All split hides undergo the Surface Coated Aniline color process.
Pure Aniline Leather
This type of leather receives all of its color from aniline dyes and its grain retains its original state. Natural markings and characteristics are exhibited. No topical treatment or pigments are used in determining the color of the leather. It is for people who strive for the finer things in life and appreciate rare, natural beauty. It offers the elegance and luxury of silk, appealing to the senses with its sensational soft feel and uniqueness. Each hide has its own characteristics, such as color shading and healed scars that set it apart from all other leathers.
- Color variations are to be expected throughout the hide.
- Healed scars and scratches are unique characterisitcs and should be cut into any pattern.
- A rich patina (color shading) develops with time, enhancing the appearance of the leather.
Nu-Buk Aniline Leather
This pure aniline leather has a slight nap effect produced by the removal of the epidermis or hair cell layer. Not to be confused with suedes, Nu-Buk is a top grain leather and is much more serviceable and durable than inferior suedes. It makes a fashion statement with its exotic texture and sensuous appearance. When used as an accent piece, this leather adds a creative touch and dazzles any room. The look and feel of Nu-Buk leather is sure to grab everyone's attention.
- Coloration will vary throughout the hide.
- Healed scars and scratches are unique characteristics and should be cut into any pattern.
- A slight nap is to be expected.